These days it seems scammers are trying to get us from every direction: phone calls, emails, and now, according to the MLAA, they are targeting people in need of an emergency locksmith. Lock, Stock & Barrel Locksmiths want you to be safe and the following points are guides to help you.
Recognising a Scam
• Scammers have websites that target customers who need emergency work done. Their web address generally ends with .com yet they are written as though they are local Australian companies. A phone call to these scammers will have you redirected to an overseas call centre where you’ll be informed a locksmith will be with you soon.
• Any reputable locksmith will arrive in a vehicle that advertises the company they work for, unlike the scammers who will turn up to your house in an unmarked van. Not only is their vehicle lacking in identification, but the locksmith will unlikely carry personal ID either.
• When this unskilled person works on getting your locked door open for you they will often cause a great deal of damage and install an inferior product. They will then leave you with a bill much higher than the cheap one you were quoted on their website.
• The MLAA have also reported that there have been incidents where violence and intimidation have been used when an issue has arisen about paying for their service.
Finding a Reputable Locksmith
• When you phone a locksmith, your call should be handled by an in-house reception or directly by the locksmith. If your call goes overseas, hang up.
• Every reputable company wants locals to know who they are, so their vehicles will be signed with their company name and their workers will carry their up-to-date work ID.
• A qualified locksmith will not create more damage and they will replace your locks with good quality parts, not cheap inferior ones.
Call Lock, Stock & Barrel Locksmiths when you are looking for the best locksmith North Shore has to offer. We care about our customers and take pride in our work. At Lock, Stock & Barrel Locksmiths we have 25 years of experience that you can safely rely on.